Pages

I thought I was a morning person...

Monday, June 19, 2006

So, I went to camp last week to visit. Tuesday and Thursday. Got to see the talent shows. Those are always funny, whether it is intentional humor or just strange stuff.

Went home for the weekend and got to dogsit Molly for a few days. That was fun. We went to Soby's for dinner on Saturday night for my parental units' anniversary, which is today, Juneteenth. (Shout out to them for getting married, because without them, my fabulous existence on this planet would not be possible.) Had some amazing crabcakes and some even more amazing chocolate desert (called the Devil's last course). I then laid in the hammock and threw the ball for the dog. Props for me, because I wore Carson out.

Last night, the baseball team lost to UNC 2-0 in their second game of the College World Series. Very very sad. They're not out of the tournament yet, but I don't really understand all that stuff. I let Lori explain it to me.

I am currently putting together a shower for Kelsey for the first full weekend in July. Not that we're letting her get married. Just that we're going to pretend to have a party for her.

I am growing my nails out. Haven't bitten them in two weeks. This is quite a feat for me. I have a tendency to play with them, so if I lose them, it'll be because I accidentally picked them off. I haven't had nails this long...ever.

Ju-bear is coming to see me today. (okay, she might be coming to see other people too, but I'd like to live with the delusion that she's coming to see me, me, and only me.) She's supposed to be here sometime after 5-ish. We're going to have dinner in Greenville with Holly (one of us should probably call Holly today, huh?) , probably the german, and who knows who else. We're going to Six Flags on Wednesday. It's a big thing, because I have never been there. I am a roller coaster fanatic. junkie. freak. whatever. I love the things.

I am sitting at work as I usually do, reading chapter 4, pp 86-141 of my Engineering Economics book. Woo hoo.

I went with Danny and the interns to orientation this morning (7:30 in the morning?!?!? and I thought I was a morning person!!!) to recruit freshmen to CSF. I think it was fairly successful. I mean, we are a pretty small group, so four or five freshmen from one orientation is a decent amount.

I must stop blogging and get back to freezing my buns off in the lab. Work, I mean. haha.

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

Props on the nails. It's a tough habit to break. Good nails are definitely professional-looking. For later, you know.