Today's list of things to do reads as follows:
~get barrier passes for games
~thermo homework due tomorrow
~e-mail girls' bible study
~get notes back from 210
~work heat transfer problem
~run
~diff. eq. problems due monday
I am very glad I got the page-a-day calendar. It's not huge, but at least I have room to write all of my assignments however I want. And, I can make my grocery list. Classes are going well. I take it as a good sign that I enjoy going to my Thermo class and my Transport Phen. class. It could be because I love Dr. Skaar and Dr. Lickfield, but who knows.Saturday, we went rafting on the Nantahala. I couldn't care less if I spelled that wrong. The first picture is of our boat headed toward the big falls thing... Brandon, Jenna, Lori, Joe, Julie and myself made an excellent team...
Right up to the point of the second picture, when we went down the falls backward/ sideways. It was pretty funny. In the middle of the picture, you can see my green life-vest sliding into the middle of the boat. I ended up on the floor of the boat. On the right, you can see Jenna being completely soaked by the bulk of the falls. Lovely, I know...On Sunday, I went grocery shopping. It was quite successful as far as grocery shopping trips go. I am currently determined to get into shape for the Race for the Cure and eventually for the Cooper River Bridge Run. It would be my first 10k. Luckily, that one's not until March or April. Julie and I are getting new shoes next Thursday afternoon.
Joe is currently teaching/ reminding me how to play chess. It takes way too much thinking. But it's pretty fun. I find it exciting to be able to think out all the different possibilities from one move. Although it eventually makes my brain hurt. On the bright side, I'm gonna kick his butt one of these days... maybe.
Tomorrow is the First Friday Parade. I'm hoping that this year's parade won't be marred by the need to airlift someone to the hospital again. For those who don't know or don't remember, a little girl was run over last year and had to be airlifted out. But the helicopter was cool.
First game is Saturday against Florida Atlantic. If we lose, our football program should be abolished. First party is Saturday night..."Club Basement." Should be a blast.
I made a clock. I would like to share it with all of you, because I'm pretty proud of it. Here you go... Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment