I'm sure that was one of Rowling's rejected titles. Good thing she didn't use it so I can. Readers be warned: Laura was at the midnight showing of Harry Potter last night. This means that Laura has had 4 hours of sleep and 1 cup of coffee, not to mention the traumatizing loss of a beloved sweater. This could turn out to be an interesting read.
What have I been up to lately? Goodness...let me think. Usually, just as I did this time, I have to make a list on a post-it of things to mention. Otherwise, I omit good stories. And we wouldn't want that, now would we? I've been a busy busy girl these days. I've been in a knitting/crocheting circle with a bunch of girls from my church small group. We get together on Tuesday nights and watch Glee (of which i am a HUGE fan) and work on various projects. I'm teaching a few girls how to knit, and there's a lot of crocheting going on. It's also the only time I can work on Amy's Christmas present because she always seems to come in while I'm working on it. Anyway, our Glee night is really fun. It's nice having people my age who enjoy the hobby. Just last night I was teaching Jess a new stitch for the ambitious project she has decided to take on. I think she can handle it.
The ladies from our small group have been "adopted" by the ladies from another small group. The words elder and older offend them, so we call them the Wiser ladies. In addition to random events like painting pottery, we've done a weekly Bible Study together, and it's been really fun to get to know them.
Mom and I had dinner with the windbreakers a few weeks ago, which was quite fun. BD came too, because he heard I was coming, and the topic of conversation was weddings. Two daughters getting married can really kill all other topics.
I also had a meeting with Rita, my old piano teacher. After having taken lessons with her for 10 years, it was truly wonderful to see her again. We got to meet at the chapel and she played the organ for us (Chris came too. He was very excited about the organ) so we could pick songs for the wedding. We picked some awesome and unique music. I'm excited. In other wedding news, we picked up my dress a few weeks ago. Dad was able to come with us, so we made a Saturday of it. The good news is that I am still absolutely crazy about it. The bad news is...well, there's no bad news. It's fabulous. It gives me a reason to go to Greenville, because I like to visit my dress. :)
I've been working with Ozaria, my mentee, for a year and a half now. She turns 10 on Thanksgiving Day. Here's a picture of the little hoodlum when we went bowling. She was beating me by 20 points in the 6th frame. I staged a near-comeback, but I should still hide my head in shame, because we had bumpers.
But seriously, I'm really proud of this kid. She's been making all A's and B's this year, and has stayed out of trouble, and she's reading like a CHAMP. She's had a lot of trouble with grades and with behavior in the past, so that's really saying something. She's grown leaps and bounds since the day we started hanging out. This week, she nearly broke my heart. Her mom wanted her to stay home to finish cleaning her room, and I make it a point to never question her mom, just as an example. But then the kid started crying. Not in the temper tantrum sort of way, but in the actually sad, just a few tears, break-my-heart she wanted to go with me that badly kind of way. Her mom relented and sent her with me, and we had a blast. She tries so hard to please me, which isn't that hard, but she's learned that I expect her to behave and that is not negotiable. And bless her she will never understand how she's affected me. I am currently in the process of trying to find a friend to bring her to the wedding. I want to have her there for so many reasons, one of which is to introduce her to all of you, because I'm really proud of her and I want her to see that.
Chris and I went to the GA Tech football game and watched us somehow win. It was quite a good game to go to. Mom and Dad came down for the NC State game and we four went together. Amy was there somewhere, but not with us. Some time after the game, my back started hurting. I have a bit of a problem with my sciatic, and sometimes it flares up like a beast. I spent all of last week flat on my back, and it was not fun. I eventually went to the doctor, who gave me some anti-inflammatory, which has been helping, but I still can't sit at work for an entire day yet. Something about this chair.
I was, however, feeling good enough to go to Atlanta with Jess last weekend, where we picked up the bridesmaids' dresses. They look good, I must say. On Sunday, Chris and I attended the wedding of a girl who used to go to our church. It was bizarre to be there, because her venue was the same as ours, but it was, of course, a totally different wedding. Still, it was interesting.
Amy took some super cute pictures of Julie, and I think you should see them, because Amy is awesome (shh, don't tell her I said that).
And finally, HARRY POTTER was AWESOME! I dressed up and went with some friends to the midnight showing of the movie last night. I am really sleepy and all that jazz, but it was totally worth it. Now it's time to go get a nap and then Chris and I are going to go look at tuxes. Time for HIM to play dress-up for once.
We won't be in Knoxville for Thanksgiving this year. We will, of course be in Gatlinburg for New Year's. Since our families live so conveniently close to each other, we have to split our time. Luckily, we have a plan. Woo!
And, now, I believe it's nap time. Nighty night!
Chris sold the blue car finally, so we took it for a last joy ride in the mountains, which were absolutely beautiful. Pictures in the slide show, as well as a picture of some fast cars from Petit Le Mans. Oh, and there are some pictures of the yarn I'm using for my christmas presents. Can't very well show the actual items, now can I?


No comments:
Post a Comment