Here's the thing: sometimes, I get the itch. You might recognize the symptoms from some of your own hobbies or interests. Suddenly, I have the undeniable urge to own new yarn, to feel the different fibers and to revel in all of the beautiful colorways. I have been surfing my favorite yarn sites and poking around Ravelry for ideas. I also have a backup cache of patterns that are just WAITING for their yarn. Next year's Christmas presents are already in the works, since I need more time than I thought. Now, before you try to excuse my problem, you should know the whole truth:
- I am not a prolific knitter. I don't turn out a pair of socks in a week. I can do simple mittens in a month, maybe even 2 weeks. But I'm not particularly fast. The only sweater I've completed took a year, and the second sweater is still on the needles a year later (it lacks arms).
- I have a lot of projects in progress:
- Amy's christmas gloves are still not done. They still lack fingers.
- The aforementioned sweater needs arms. Luckily, I'm not the hulk or an octopus.
- My mittens. I've got about 40% of a pair of striped fingerless gloves for myself done. They're my on-a-whim project.
The point is, I need to exercise practicality and restraint. I am making a promise to myself, with a deadline. I will finish Amy's gloves first, then the purple sweater, and will do so by the end of the summer. That's plenty of time to knit at a leisurely pace. Then, I will do something with the green yarn and the other bits of scraps.
I've said it. Now, to hold myself to it.
1 comment:
Laura I have a closet full of yarn. I get the bug and crochet a while and then I forget it for a long time..Melissa caught the bug from me..She is now crocheting red place mats..She is going to do two instead of four like she first planned. We understand that don't we?
Post a Comment